The actual game of Monopoly doesn't really apply to real life at all. Not everyone starts off in the same class, and not everyone has a fair chance to succeed. In class, we play a version where the higher class you start in, the more money you start with, and the more money you make each time you make it around the board. No one in my group moved up a class. The richest person made more money, and the poorest person actually had a negative amount of money.
When my mom was growing up, she was probably somewhere in the upper class because she lived in Russia and her dad was a prominent politician, but then my parents moved here so I'm not in the upper class that she was in. However, I think that by having a college education here, I'll be able to maybe move up a class from my parents, and basically go full circle.
No comments:
Post a Comment