Thursday, September 23, 2010
Volunteering
Today I volunteered at Onward House, a place for young students, to tutor them. I expected a terrible neighborhood and kids who would refuse to do any work. When we got there, it was an average neighborhood for the most part, and all the kids were so nice. It was so much fun to help them with their homework and help them learn to read better. We also got to play games with them. My childhood was relived through that. I really enjoyed the experience and thought I bonded with some of the children. I'm hoping to go back every other week and keep doing this even past sociology class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you! I think it's great that you tutored the kids! I'm glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a great experience! I think kids really like having someone who is fun to be around like you because it makes them feel comfortable. It's nice to see that you found a place you enjoyed volunteering at!
ReplyDelete