Thursday, October 7, 2010
Nothing
The other day I went to Target and stood there while doing nothing. It was pretty hard to do for me. I couldn't completely disconnect myself from the while. The whole time I was thinking about something: what homework I had, what I would eat for dinner, what college essays to work on. I only ended up doing about 5 minutes of this instead of the full 10. During this time though, I saw a lot of people giving me weird looks while I stood there doing absolutely nothing. The people working seemed like they wanted to ask if I needed help on more than one occasion, but they all just passed by probably thinking I was insane. I think it's bad that we never have time for ourselves and always have to be moving and doing something. I feel like this helped me open my eyes to sometimes just take a second to breathe and see the things around us. There's so much we take for granted, and as Americans, this happens even more than we may think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha I also had the same stares given at me. People looked at me at the gym like I was "broken" or something just because I wasn't doing anything
ReplyDelete