Thursday, October 28, 2010
Masculinity
This week we discussed the pressure men have to be tough and "masculine". I never really realized how much of an impact the media has on guys. I always sort of thought it was only girls and their body image. It was also sad to see that guys get bullied because they aren't tough/strong enough, and then sometimes they decide to bring guns to school. I think we should just learn to accept others the way they are and realize not all men can be perfectly built and tough as nails, just like the majority of girls aren't stick thin and perfect. Personally, I'll try to see past how guys are on the exterior and the attitude they put on to the outside, to actually try and make them feel good about who they truly are. And besides, girls like at least some sensitivety anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment