Thursday, October 14, 2010
Human Nurture
This week we talked about feral children and children who were abused. It was really sad to me that someone could purposely mistreat their child to the point where they couldn't walk, talk, or act "human." I thought about how lucky I am that my family is here to support me, and they nurtured me enough that I'm pretty successful today. Also, when we watched the Oprah segment, it was really heartwarming to see that those children do have a potential to live a semi-normal life with their adoptive parents. I think it's super important that a baby has someone that cares for them and loves them, so they can develop normally,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with what you said about the importance of babies needing someone to care for them. A lot of what we talked about this week supports that, especially the cases of the feral children.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that it is important for babies to have someone to care for them. Nurture is important for kids to develop the way they should.
ReplyDeletePeople totally take family for granted. They have such a big impact on our growth!
ReplyDeleteYelena, there is a point though when a child has been too unsocialized to ever be "normal". That girl Genie never made a full recovery and my guess is that the Oprah girl, sadly, won't recover fully either. Remember to relate your posts to your own experiences.
ReplyDelete